Who's investing in education technology? What are the relationships between investors and startups? Between the business of education and education politics and policies? What do we know about the relationships among companies, entrepreneurs, investors, institutions, and politicians?
Follow the Money
I started tracking ed-tech funding in detail in 2015, in part because I wanted to be able to see the relationships between funders and founders and the stories told about the future of education. I have a fairly decent idea of where the money has gone from 2010 thru 2018.
Spot an error in my calculations? You can contribute directly via the GitHub repo that powers this site.
- Gates Foundation Grants
- Ed-Tech Investments
- Ed-Tech Acquisitions
- The Ed-Tech Startup Deadpool
- Education IPOs
- Ed-Tech Mergers
- Ed-Tech Spinoffs
- Edsurge's Investors
- Chan Zuckerberg Initiative Investments
Previous years' analysis about ed-tech investment is available here:
- The Business of "Ed-Tech Trends" (2018)
- The Business of "Ed-Tech Trends" (2017)
- How Much Venture Capital Did Ed-Tech Raise in 2016?
- What Happened in Ed-Tech in 2016 (And Who Paid for It?)
- The Business of Ed-Tech (2016)
- The Business of Ed-Tech (2015)
- The Business of Ed-Tech (2014)
- The Business of Ed-Tech (2013)
- Who's Investing in Ed-Tech? (2010-2016)
- Who's Investing in Ed-Tech? (2015)
- Who's Investing in Ed-Tech? Tech Investors and Their Education Portfolios (2012)