Who's investing in education technology? What are the relationships between investors and startups? Between the business of education and education politics and policies? What are the relationships among companies, entrepreneurs, investors, institutions, and politicians?
Follow the Money
I started tracking ed-tech funding in detail in 2015. (You can view that site at matrix.hackeducation.com.) I started afresh in 2016, with a better data model and more frequent updates.
Spot an error in my calculations? You can contribute directly via the GitHub repo that powers this site.
- Ed-Tech Investments
- Ed-Tech Acquisitions
- The Ed-Tech Startup Deadpool
- Education IPOs
- Ed-Tech Mergers
- Ed-Tech Spinoffs
- Gates Foundation Grants
Previous years' analysis about ed-tech investment is available here:
- How Much Venture Capital Did Ed-Tech Raise in 2016?
- What Happened in Ed-Tech in 2016 (And Who Paid for It?)
- The Business of Ed-Tech (2016)
- The Business of Ed-Tech (2015)
- The Business of Ed-Tech (2014)
- The Business of Ed-Tech (2013)
- Who's Investing in Ed-Tech? (2010-2016)
- Who's Investing in Ed-Tech? (2015)
- Who's Investing in Ed-Tech? Tech Investors and Their Education Portfolios (2012)