Who's investing in education technology? What are the relationships between investors and startups? Between politics and policies? Between dollars and trends? Who's funding teacher-founded startups? Who's funding women and minority-led startups? What does the "map" of the ed-tech industry look like? What are the relationships between companies, entrepreneurs, investors, and institutions?
Follow the Money
I started tracking ed-tech funding in detail in 2015. (You can view that site at matrix.hackeducation.com.) I started afresh in 2016, with a better data model and more frequent updates.
Spot an error in my calculations? You can contribute directly via the GitHub repo that powers this site.
Previous years' analysis about ed-tech investment is available here:
- The Business of Ed-Tech (2016)
- The Business of Ed-Tech (2015)
- The Business of Ed-Tech (2014)
- The Business of Ed-Tech (2013)
- Who's Investing in Ed-Tech? (2010-2016)
- Who's Investing in Ed-Tech? (2015)
- Who's Investing in Ed-Tech? Tech Investors and Their Education Portfolios (2012)