This article helps provide funding data for part 6 of my annual review of the year in ed-tech
According to the data I track on education technology startups, more investments flow to those who sell to K–12 than to higher education or to corporations. But I think that’s likely a flaw with how I gather my data – relying on publications like Edsurge, for example, to rewrite funding press releases. Corporate training is big business.
Those startups raising money this year to deliver corporate training include:
- ExpertKnowledge ($750,000) – investors include The Edge Edtech Fund and Thought into Action Ventures
- Grovo ($40,000,000) – investors include Accel Partners, Costanoa Venture Capital, SoftTech VC, Greg Waldorf, and Vayner Capital
- OpenSesame ($9,000,000) – investors include Altos Ventures and Partech Ventures
- Coorpacademy ($11,000,000) – investors include Debiopharm Group, NextStage, and Serena Capital
- Everwise ($16,000,000) – investors include Canvas Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and Webb Investment Network